Alicia is a photographer and filmmaker (writer/director/producer) hailing from Sydney, Australia. Having been professionally trained as an actor at the likes of ATYP and NIDA she has a passion for capturing stand out headshots that express the essence and range of each subject. Her urban landscapes and candid portraits have been exhibited both in Australia and the United States, as well as featured in such publications as Semi Permanent.
As a photographer she sees a story in each image captured but with each written story created she longed for a way to also visually express it... Her first taste for trying to combine these two elements came in a fictional mini photo series 'Neon Nights' (2015) which was shot on expired film in New York. Filmmaking was stumbled upon after this and as a self taught filmmaker she draws on her background of photography and acting, utilising a flair for character based, situational storytelling with a comedic undertone - often highlighting the ridiculousness of everyday life.
'A Princely Sum' is Alicia's third, and most recent, short film. It is currently in post production. Alicia's previous short film 'The Wave' was her directorial debut which found success as a Finalist at Short+Sweet Film Festival in Sydney and screened at LA Comedy Fest, as well as in a number of festivals throughout the US and Australia. It is signed to US based Hewes Pictures. On the horizon is another short film, a feature film treatment, and a web series ready to be pitched... but always capturing photos along the way.
* Official Selection - LA COMEDY FEST 2018 (The Wave)
* Finalist - SHORT + SWEET FILM FESTIVAL 2017 (The Wave)
* Writer/Director/Producer - THE WAVE (short film) 2017
* Writer/Producer/Actor - 'HAVE A NICE (short film) 2016
* Exhibition - 'Co-Lab' aMBUSH Gallery 2015
* Print - Semi Permanent Book 2014 & 2015
* Exhibition - 'Adaptation' Janet Clayton Gallery 2014
* Exhibition - 'Blow In' Museum & Crane USA 2013
* Winner - Snowy River Art Prize 2013
"Alicia is one of those rare directors who stays calm and keeps everything under control no matter what a new challenge can bring. She will treat you with respect no matter how small or big your involvement is. Plus, she is a talented writer. I was glad to be a part of her production."
- Vitaly Zolotarev (Sound Engineer)